Learn About Submetering Systems
Partial Capture Billing for Water Submetering
Commercial Water & Energy (CWE) offers partial capture billing as one utility billing service. As part of this program, residents are billed for their captured consumption as calculated through the wireless water meter reading system as well as a portion of the unmetered water amount. This utility service consists of:
- CWE customer service department will contact your management staff to request resident billing information along with the water bills of the last three months.
- That information is entered into our water utility billing software and prepared for billing.
- CWE will meet with your management and leasing staff to provide training, answer questions, and confirm billing information and bill format, including trash and service charges.
- CWE totals delinquent penalty assessment date, election to send delinquency notices, etc. in states or municipalities that allow these charges.
- The water meters are read monthly, either around the same time as the municipal water supplier or a time most convenient for you.
- Within three days of the remote utility meter reading, the residents are billed for their captured consumption and an allocated portion of the unmetered water amount determined by the resident’s unit.
- Residents are given seventeen days in which to send payment. At this time, your bill register will be made available on CWE’s secure website for review.
CWE Water Meter Reading Systems
The records kept through our software make it easy to manage and track all billing and payment information, including late payments. If residents are behind on payments, and you have requested CWE administer notices, delinquency notices will be sent on the seventeenth day after the billing date. All such notices and aging summaries are made available on CWE’s secure administrative dashboard for your review. Stronger notices to subsequent delinquent accounts will be processed if needed. Proper notices to subsequent delinquent accounts will be processed if needed.
After completion of each billing cycle, all accounts are swept for payments received. All funds received minus any billing charges are then transferred to the asset via direct deposit or certified funds. Based on your input our staff alerts property management as well as a corporate designee of your choosing to the potential collections situation. We then work with your staff to determine the best course of action through a variety of options.
A new cycle begins again with utility bills printed, mailed, and any delinquent accounts assessed for penalty and interest payments owed. The utility management solutions CWE provides is put in place to ensure utilities collections are done efficiently to help you lower costs and conserve water.