Learn About Submetering Systems
Full Capture Billing
Full Capture Billing is a process in which all the usage of a particular utility is submetered and read. Commercial Water & Energy bills each multifamily resident based on exactly what that resident consumed. This resident utility billing system consists of:
- CWE customer service department will contact your management staff to request resident billing information, which is entered into energy billing software and prepared for billing.
- CWE will meet with your management and leasing staff to provide training, answer questions, and confirm billing information and bill format.
- CWE totals trash and service charges, delinquent penalty assessment date, option to send delinquency notices, etc. in states or municipalities that allow these charges.
- Wireless utility submetering is conducted through automated meter reading technology, and meters are read remotely each month, either around the same time as the municipal water supplier or a time most convenient for you.
- Within three days of the remote utility meter reading, the residents are billed for their captured consumption and are given fifteen days in which to send payment. At this time, your bill register will be made available on CWE’s secure website for review.
CWE Multi-family Property Management
Commercial Water and Energy’s full capture billing simplifies the utility collection process for multi-tenant establishments, such as condos, apartments, and mobile home communities. After each submeter has been read for the individual residents, the usage data is made available through tenant billing software, detailing all resident billing information and total amounts billed. The management staff of the complex should review and confirm the accuracy of all resident information.
In order to identify possible areas needing repairs, the maintenance staff should also have access to these consumption reports to gauge differences between the amount of consumption reported by the municipality and the amount reported by CWE. Since this consumption can be reported by building, it may help in alerting maintenance of any water main leakage or other electrical issues.
Not only does the CWE full capture billing system assist in tracking energy consumption, but all billing and payment information, including late payments, can also be managed through the meter reading software. If any residents are behind on payments, and you have requested CWE administer notices, delinquency notices will be sent on the seventeenth day after the billing date. All such notices and aging summaries are made available on CWE’s secure administrative dashboard for review. Stronger notices to subsequent delinquent accounts will be processed if needed.
After completion of each billing cycle, all accounts are swept for payments received. All funds received minus any billing charges are then transferred to the asset via direct deposit or certified funds. Based on your input our staff alerts property management as well as a corporate designee of your choosing to the potential collections situation. We then work with your staff to determine the best course of action through a variety of options.
Each new cycle begins with utility bills printed, mailed, and any delinquent accounts assessed for penalty and interest payments owed. The utility management solutions CWE provides help to ensure utility collections are done efficiently to help you lower costs and conserve energy.